- New fundraising opportunity for the EEU! Do you shop at amazon.com? Click here to have .5% of eligible purchases donated to the EEU through the program!
- Click here to view the video thank you for Mr. Gunderson that was presented at the EEU banquet
- Band Camp is August 11-22! Physical forms are due Monday, August 11 by 8:30am.
- Ice skating fundraiser Friday, 8/8 at The Rinks. $13 rate includes rental and 50% will be donated back to the EEU. Click here for flyer with full details.
- The EEU is going to Hawaii in 2015! Click here to view the full information packet.
- Click here for a link to the 2013-2014 EEU yearbook! The yearbook can be viewed by clicking the yearbook image on the left.
- An updated version of the 2014-15 EEU Handbook is available here. The last page of the handbook needs to be signed and turned in by 8/11/14.
- Electronic waste fundraiser Saturday, Sept. 20. Click here for details.
- Congratulations to Tina Cruz who was recognized as the Esperanza High School “Volunteer of the year” at the School Board Meeting on May 6th!
- Road to Reno and Reno Jazz Festival photos and videos available here
- Congratulations to all our musicians who performed at this year’s Reno Jazz Festival! In addition to providing the audiences with amazing performances, Esperanza took home the following awards: Jazz I placed 2nd in Division AAA and received a standing ovation for their performance at the Festival Showcase, Combo I placed 1st, Combo II placed 5th and Joel Wenhardt and Evan Abounassar won outstanding high school performer awards for rhythm section and trumpet. Videos are available here.
- We would love to share your photos and videos on the website! Email photos to email@example.com (6MB maximum per photo). For videos, please send links to your YouTube videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our color guard for taking 7th place in the Scholastic A Green Division at the championships at Fountain Valley High School!
- 2014-2015 EEU Booster Board:
President: JoD Apitz
1st Vice President: Diane Seitz
2nd Vice President: Joy Mau (Continuing)
Treasurer: Mike Locke
Secretary: Kristi Glenday
- Congratulations to Jazz Combo I for placing 2nd at the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival and to Evan Abounassar and Joel Wenhardt for winning soloist awards!
- Congratulations to the Cow Chip Bingo winners!
1st plop winner of $100: Barbara Wollenhaupt (ticket sold by Evan Hockridge)
2nd plop winner of $250: Marlies Lunger (ticket sold by Dorian Apitz)
3rd plop winner of $400: Pat Price (ticket sold by dorian Apitz)
Top 3 sellers: Dorian Apitz and Jimmy Gallagher tied and sold 101 tickets each!!
Way to go! Riley Mau sold 49 tickets
- 2014 Jazz I Essentially Ellington recordings available here
- A big thank you to Joaquin’s for providing the best ice for our parades and field shows this season! Parents, you can show your appreciation by visiting the restaurant to thank them for their awesome support of the EEU.
- Visit the media page for photos of the 2013 marching season, including California Adventure and the SCSBOA Championships
- The EEU was pictured in the Orange County Register: OC Register Article with EEU (if you subscribe you can read it all, but you can see all of the pictures for free)
- See trophy room page for parade and field tournament competition results
- A message from Mr. Davis:
Hello EEU families,
As we get closer to the end of another season, I would like to
thank you for allowing and encouraging your student to participate
in band and colorguard. The amount of growth, both personal and
professional from this group of students has been particularly
impressive. It would be remiss for me to not acknowledge the
significant challenges that this participation brings in terms of
personal management of time, academics, peer cooperation, dedication
to their music and choreography, and consistency of achieving
excellence, but these are many of the attributes that make this
experience rewarding and one of the most applicable activities
to our student’s post-high school lives.
For those of you have helped this season in any way, and that
can mean anything from trailer loading to coaching your student
through a long night of post-rehearsal homework, I want to say
thank you for your dedication to your student and their commitment
to excellence. If you have not gotten a chance to get out and see
a show, I invite you to take this chance to come out on Saturday
night and see for yourself the excellence and pride that the
student’s put into everything they do. If you have seen the show
before, it is getting much better!
Thank you again for your support of your student, this program, and
the life experiences that are learned through it. Looking forward
to seeing you Saturday, and look for our awesome “Screaming EEU Fans”
in the stands.
Proud Director of the EEU
- Vons eScrip participants are encouraged to make purchases by debit card or by writing a check. Credit card purchases will no longer generate contributions for the EEU through the Vons eScrip program.
- Gift Cards! Gift card specials added below. Click here: Gift Card Specials! Scroll to the bottom to Gift Cards for the “how to”! Click here for info or to order gift cards! Contact Kevin Pryor for details, 714-337-1090 or: email@example.com
- See the calendar here and the Upcoming Events column on the right for this week’s events.
- Videos of Big Band Blowout available here
- Jazz Audition Rubric can be found here
- Esperanza did great at the 2013 Reno Jazz Festival! Jazz I first place in AAA, Jazz II third place in APII, Combo I second place in A! Check the Trophy Room here for all placement of all bands
- Pictures and videos from the Reno Trip are now available here
- Fullerton Jazz Festival article in OC Register here
- Jazz pictures and videos from Steamers, Upland, Aztec, Irvine, Fullerton, and Reno here
- Video of Andrew Kakishita with the Tom Kubis band on our Jazz pics/video page here (then scroll down).
- The Jazz Jam Sessions in the OC Register. If you have an OCRegister.com subscription, click here for the article! Otherwise, click here for a scan of the article
- The Esperanza Jazz I Band is available to play for special events. See details here (at “Hire the Band” on the Events menu).
- Jazz I 2013 Essentially Ellington recordings available here
- 2013 Essentially Ellington finalists info: Press release here. List of finalists here.
- Chatswood/Goodwin photos/videos posted here.
- 2013-2014 Color Guard info sheet can be found here
- See the Guard Trophy room for this season’s scores
- See the calendar here and the Upcoming Events column on the right for this week’s events.
- Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local school and arts programs, please contact Dave Hardt at: firstname.lastname@example.org. A special “thank you” to those who have already helped get several corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- Media Archive added here for pictures and videos before 2011-2012 season.
- 2012-2013 Band/Guard Events pictures/videos here.
- 2012-2013 Jazz pictures/videos here.
- 2012-2013 Miscellaneous Events pictures/videos here.
- Previous years, pictures/video here.
- Pictures and videos of recent band events here, Jazz events here.
- See the Media menu at the top of the home page for access to all pictures and videos.
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the southland.
Help the Band!
- Note: We need your help to earn more money for the EEU!
Safeway (Vons Company) has made an important change! Paying for groceries with a credit card will no longer earn a contribution for our group. Use your Club Card and please pay with any form of payment that is NOT A CREDIT CARD so our group will earn. And if you have not signed up with eScrip to support our group, please visit http://www.escrip.com/signup today!
Group Name: Esperanza Entertainment Unit
Group ID: 137820514
- Note: Vons Club Card holders: You need to renew your connection to the EEU each year or Club Card donations to the EEU will stop! Click here, then click on either “Renew Now”, “Yes Renew”, or “Yes Keep Earning”!
- Buy gift cards (scrip) here and support the band!
- Support the band with toner/ink recycling, Vons eScrip, See’s Candies and more — at no cost to you! Opportunities here!
- If you shop at Vons, you can help the band with every purchase. Register your Vons Club Card with the band. It’s called eScrip. It’s our #2 largest fund raiser! For details on how to participate, click here and scroll down. (Tell your friends and family to help out the EEU!) Please note: Credit card purchases are no longer eligible for the eScrip program. Please use your debit card or write a check for purchases at Vons.
- It’s easy to order gift cards.
- Fill out the online order form here.
- Put check in “everything box” in band room (for the summer, the scrip coordinator will contact you).
- Receive cards!
- Supporting the EEU is easy! Just order gift cards for groceries, restaurants, and favorite stores. The band receives a percentage back for every card you buy, and you get 100% value for every dollar you spend! PLEASE SUPPORT THE PROGRAM and EEU! To order, click here.
- (For behind-the-scenes details on UnitedScrip, the gift card provider, click here.)
- For questions and orders, contact the Gift Card/Scrip coordinator, Kevin Pryor at 714-337-1090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Card Specials
Click here for other ad specials!