- Ruby’s Meet & Eat Wednesday, April 23 from 4pm-9pm. Print and bring flyer for 20% of food and non-alcoholic beverage to be donated to the EEU.
- Congratulations to all our musicians who performed at this year’s Reno Jazz Festival! In addition to providing the audiences with amazing performances, Esperanza took home the following awards: Jazz I placed 2nd in Division AAA and received a standing ovation for their performance at the Festival Showcase, Combo I placed 1st, Combo II placed 5th and Joel Wenhardt and Evan Abounassar won outstanding high school performer awards for rhythm section and trumpet. Videos are available here.
- We would love to share your photos and videos on the website! Email photos to email@example.com (6MB maximum per photo). For videos, please send links to your YouTube videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our color guard for taking 7th place in the Scholastic A Green Division at the championships at Fountain Valley High School!
- Nominees for the 2014-2015 EEU Booster Board:
President: JoD Apitz
1st Vice President: Diane Seitz
2nd Vice President: Joy Mau (Continuing)
Treasurer: Mike Locke
Secretary: Kristi Glenday
- Congratulations to Jazz Combo I for placing 2nd at the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival and to Evan Abounassar and Joel Wenhardt for winning soloist awards!
- Important! Parents of Jazz I and Jazz II students, please see Reno Jazz Festival page for important information for this year’s Reno trip
- Jazz I will be performing at the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday, June 15th! Click here for concert details and ticket information
- Are you trying to think of something different to give to your kids for Easter? Why not cut back on all that sugar and give your kids a “sweet treat” they can create themselves!
Fill there baskets with gift cards from Best Buy, iTunes, Amazon, Target, Carl’s Jr, Del Taco, or whatever your family will enjoy! It will be a double treat for your kids! They will enjoy the gift cards, and the EEU will receive profits from your purchases. Order your gift cards from UnitedScrip today. Place your Easter order here today. Or contact Kevin Pryor at email@example.com or 714-337-1090 for more information. Last day to order for Easter is Friday, March 28th.
- Congratulations to the Cow Chip Bingo winners!
1st plop winner of $100: Barbara Wollenhaupt (ticket sold by Evan Hockridge)
2nd plop winner of $250: Marlies Lunger (ticket sold by Dorian Apitz)
3rd plop winner of $400: Pat Price (ticket sold by dorian Apitz)
Top 3 sellers: Dorian Apitz and Jimmy Gallagher tied and sold 101 tickets each!!
Way to go! Riley Mau sold 49 tickets
- 2014 Jazz I Essentially Ellington recordings available here
- Wind ensemble audition results
- A big thank you to Joaquin’s for providing the best ice for our parades and field shows this season! Parents, you can show your appreciation by visiting the restaurant to thank them for their awesome support of the EEU.
- Visit the media page for photos of the 2013 marching season, including California Adventure and the SCSBOA Championships
- The EEU was pictured in the Orange County Register: OC Register Article with EEU (if you subscribe you can read it all, but you can see all of the pictures for free)
- See trophy room page for parade and field tournament competition results
- A message from Mr. Davis:
Hello EEU families,
As we get closer to the end of another season, I would like to
thank you for allowing and encouraging your student to participate
in band and colorguard. The amount of growth, both personal and
professional from this group of students has been particularly
impressive. It would be remiss for me to not acknowledge the
significant challenges that this participation brings in terms of
personal management of time, academics, peer cooperation, dedication
to their music and choreography, and consistency of achieving
excellence, but these are many of the attributes that make this
experience rewarding and one of the most applicable activities
to our student’s post-high school lives.
For those of you have helped this season in any way, and that
can mean anything from trailer loading to coaching your student
through a long night of post-rehearsal homework, I want to say
thank you for your dedication to your student and their commitment
to excellence. If you have not gotten a chance to get out and see
a show, I invite you to take this chance to come out on Saturday
night and see for yourself the excellence and pride that the
student’s put into everything they do. If you have seen the show
before, it is getting much better!
Thank you again for your support of your student, this program, and
the life experiences that are learned through it. Looking forward
to seeing you Saturday, and look for our awesome “Screaming EEU Fans”
in the stands.
Proud Director of the EEU
- Vons eScrip participants are encouraged to make purchases by debit card or by writing a check. Credit card purchases will no longer generate contributions for the EEU through the Vons eScrip program.
- The EEU is looking for a parent volunteer who has the equipment and desire to video tape our field shows and other events. Please contact EEU president Paul Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.
- A special thank you for the E-Waste fundraiser from Kevin Pryor: Thank you to all the kids that came out to help make this event a successful one. Plus all the parents that came out and did some heavy lifting of E-Waste for the day. Thank you.
- Click here to see this year’s jazz ensembles.
- 2013-2014 EEU Handbook and registration documents available here!
- EHSEU Board Officers for 2013-2014:
Paul Gallagher – president
Kelly Yakel-Wolf – 1st VP
Joy Mau – 2nd VP (new nomination)
Vickie Wertz – Secretary
JoD Apitz – Treasurer (new nomination)
- Gift Cards! Gift card specials added below. Click here: Gift Card Specials! Scroll to the bottom to Gift Cards for the “how to”! Click here for info or to order gift cards! Contact Kevin Pryor for details, 714-337-1090 or: email@example.com
- See the calendar here and the Upcoming Events column on the right for this week’s events.
- Videos of Big Band Blowout available here
- Jazz Audition Rubric can be found here
- Esperanza did great at the 2013 Reno Jazz Festival! Jazz I first place in AAA, Jazz II third place in APII, Combo I second place in A! Check the Trophy Room here for all placement of all bands
- Pictures and videos from the Reno Trip are now available here
- Fullerton Jazz Festival article in OC Register here
- Jazz pictures and videos from Steamers, Upland, Aztec, Irvine, Fullerton, and Reno here
- Video of Andrew Kakishita with the Tom Kubis band on our Jazz pics/video page here (then scroll down).
- The Jazz Jam Sessions in the OC Register. If you have an OCRegister.com subscription, click here for the article! Otherwise, click here for a scan of the article
- The Esperanza Jazz I Band is available to play for special events. See details here (at “Hire the Band” on the Events menu).
- Jazz I 2013 Essentially Ellington recordings available here
- 2013 Essentially Ellington finalists info: Press release here. List of finalists here.
- Chatswood/Goodwin photos/videos posted here.
- 2013-2014 Color Guard info sheet can be found here
- 2012-2013 Color Guard pictures posted in the gallery here
- 2013-2014 Color Guard member list here
- Congratulations to the EEU Winter Guard on a fantastic 2012-2013 season! Fourth place on Saturday at Championships! See the Guard Trophy room for this season’s scores
- Check the Color Guard Trophy Room for Winter Guard scores
- Winter Guard, dance rehearsals changed on the calendar to Wed. 6pm to 9pm (was Thurs. 6pm to 9pm)
- Updates for the 2013-2014 year will be posted as needed.
- See the calendar here and the Upcoming Events column on the right for this week’s events.
- Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local school and arts programs, please contact Dave Hardt at: firstname.lastname@example.org. A special “thank you” to those who have already helped get several corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- Media Archive added here for pictures and videos before 2011-2012 season.
- 2012-2013 Band/Guard Events pictures/videos here.
- 2012-2013 Jazz pictures/videos here.
- 2012-2013 Miscellaneous Events pictures/videos here.
- Previous years, pictures/video here.
- Pictures and videos of recent band events here, Jazz events here.
- See the Media menu at the top of the home page for access to all pictures and videos.
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the southland.
Help the Band!
- Note: We need your help to earn more money for the EEU!
Safeway (Vons Company) has made an important change! Paying for groceries with a credit card will no longer earn a contribution for our group. Use your Club Card and please pay with any form of payment that is NOT A CREDIT CARD so our group will earn. And if you have not signed up with eScrip to support our group, please visit http://www.escrip.com/signup today!
Group Name: Esperanza Entertainment Unit
Group ID: 137820514
- Note: Vons Club Card holders: You need to renew your connection to the EEU each year or Club Card donations to the EEU will stop! Click here, then click on either “Renew Now”, “Yes Renew”, or “Yes Keep Earning”!
- Buy gift cards (scrip) here and support the band!
- Support the band with toner/ink recycling, Vons eScrip, See’s Candies and more — at no cost to you! Opportunities here!
- If you shop at Vons, you can help the band with every purchase. Register your Vons Club Card with the band. It’s called eScrip. It’s our #2 largest fund raiser! For details on how to participate, click here and scroll down. (Tell your friends and family to help out the EEU!) Please note: Credit card purchases are no longer eligible for the eScrip program. Please use your debit card or write a check for purchases at Vons.
- It’s easy to order gift cards.
- Fill out the online order form here.
- Put check in “everything box” in band room (for the summer, the scrip coordinator will contact you).
- Receive cards!
- Supporting the EEU is easy! Just order gift cards for groceries, restaurants, and favorite stores. The band receives a percentage back for every card you buy, and you get 100% value for every dollar you spend! PLEASE SUPPORT THE PROGRAM and EEU! To order, click here.
- (For behind-the-scenes details on UnitedScrip, the gift card provider, click here.)
- For questions and orders, contact the Gift Card/Scrip coordinator, Kevin Pryor at 714-337-1090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Card Specials
Click here for other ad specials!