(Scroll through this page to see updates.)
- New! Spring Concert BBQ food-order date extended to 5/28! (Scroll down for details!) (Concert is 5/29)
- New! 5/24, This is the last “Everything Box” scrip/giftcard order drop-off before summer! Please contact Kevin for summertime scrip orders. See Gift Cards for contact info!
- New! 5/22, 4:00pm to 6:00pm, Percussion Auditions added (date fixed, is Wed. 5/22, not 5/23)
- New! 5/27, 7:00pm, our own Andrew Muñoz will be the featured guest soloist with the Tom Kubis Big Band at: Don the Beachcomber, 16278 Pacific Coast Hwy Huntington Beach, CA 92649, (562) 592-1321. Reservations are recommended. What better way to end a great weekend than with some great food and great music, while supporting one of our great EEU musicians!
- A big “thank you” to JoD, Sal, and the others who made this year’s Big Band Blowout a huge success! DVDs still available! Details here (then scroll down). New! Pictures now posted here!
- Important! 5/1, Senior Slide Show! Pictures were due 5/1. For the senior who hasn’t yet submitted pictures, please work on that soon! We need pictures of each senior (band and guard) for the Senior Slide Show at the Band Banquet in June. Click here for details on providing pictures. (No shirtless pics, please!) We want each senior to be represented!
- Area Night pics available here!
- 2013-2014 EEU Handbook and registration documents now available! Click here! New! The handbook was modified on 5/23 to update the transportation fees. Color Guard info sheet can be found at the same location here.
- 5/29, Spring Concert and BBQ! Come out and join us for a wonderful night of good food, friends and GREAT MUSIC. We will be serving your choice of mouth-watering BBQ pulled pork sandwich or 2 hot dogs with potato salad, coleslaw, drink & a cookie. We are also offering a kids meal, which includes 1 hot dog, bag of chips, drink & cookie. Meals will be $8.00 and Kids meals will be $5.00. Orders due
5/23! Date extended to 5/28! Dinner will will start at 5:30pm. Our Spring Concert will begin promptly at 7:00pm in the Gym. Our Jazz Combos will be entertaining us during dinner! Click here for details and order form!
- EHSEU Board Officers/Nominations for 2013-2014:
Paul Gallagher – president
Kelly Yakel-Wolf – 1st VP
Joy Mau – 2nd VP (new nomination)
Vickie Wertz – Secretary
JoD Apitz – Treasurer (new nomination)
- SENIORS! Note that the Band Banquet (6/6) is on the same day as the Senior Breakfast & Knott’s Berry Farm day! Students are driving to Knott’s and can leave in time to be ready for the Band Banquet.
- If you would like to donate toward raffle and auction baskets for events such as the Band Banquet, please contact Vicki Wertz at VImhof@aol.com or Brandie Lujan at email@example.com.
- Do you have some fun pics of band students that we can use at the Band Banquet? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (or contact webmaster for other arrangements).
- Watch for an E-Waste Fundraiser soon! Bring your old electronics to be recycled and the EEU gets paid by the pound! This event will be scheduled in May.
- Gift Cards! Gift card specials added below. Click here: Gift Card Specials! Scroll to the bottom to Gift Cards for the “how to”! Click here for info or to order gift cards! Contact Kevin Pryor for details, 714-337-1090 or: email@example.com
- 6/6, Band Banquet (note date change to 6/6)
- See the calendar here and the Upcoming Events column on the right for this week’s events.
- Jazz combos will play during the Spring BBQ/Concert. There will not be a separate Jazz Combo night.
- 5/28, 1:00pm to 5:00 pm, Jazz I has been invited to backstage Disneyland to record Disney tunes for promotions to encourage other jazz bands to come and play!
- Jazz Band Summer Camp opportunity hosted through Valencia HS, 6/24 to 6/28, info here!
- Valencia HS jazz concert featuring guest artist Poncho Sanchez, 5/23. Details here!
- Jazz Audition Rubric can be found here!
- Esperanza did great at the Reno Jazz Festival! Jazz I first place in AAA, Jazz II third place in APII, Combo I second place in A! Check the Trophy Room here for all placement of all bands!
- Pictures and videos from the Reno Trip are now available here! New pics added!
- Fullerton Jazz Festival article in OC Register here.
- Jazz pictures and videos have been added! Steamers, Upland, Aztec, Irvine, Fullerton, and Reno! See the Jazz media page here!
- Video of Andrew Kakishita with the Tom Kubis band on our Jazz pics/video page here (then scroll down).
- The Jazz Jam Sessions in the OC Register. If you have an OCRegister.com subscription, click here for the article! Otherwise, click here for a scan of the article!
- The Esperanza Jazz I Band is available to play for special events. See details here (at “Hire the Band” on the Events menu).
- Jazz I 2013 Essentially Ellington recordings available here!
- 2013 Essentially Ellington finalists info: Press release here. List of finalists here.
- Chatswood/Goodwin photos/videos posted here.
- New! 2013-2014 Color Guard info sheet can be found here.
- 2012-2013 Color Guard pictures posted in the gallery here!
- 2013-2014 Color Guard member list here!
- Congratulations to the EEU Winter Guard on a fantastic season! Fourth place on Saturday at Championships! See the Guard Trophy room for this season’s scores!
- Check the Color Guard Trophy Room for recent Winter Guard scores!
5/23, 4:00pm to 6:00pm, Percussion Auditions added (date fixed, is 5/22, not 5/23)
- 6/3, 3:00pm Band Council and Section Leader interviews (was 6/6)
- 6/10, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, Instrument check-in/out changed from 6/6 3-5pm)
- 6/6, The Band Banquet date has changed. The new date is Thursday, June 6th.
- Winter Guard, dance rehearsals changed on the calendar to Wed. 6:30pm to 9:30pm (was Thurs. 6pm to 9pm)
- 8/9, Freshman band camp!
- 8/12 to 8/23, Band camp for all!
- 8/28, 3:30pm to 7:00pm, Wednesday night rehearsal!
- Updates for the 2012-2013 year will be posted as needed.
- See the calendar here and the Upcoming Events column on the right for this week’s events.
- Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local school and arts programs, please contact Dave Hardt at: firstname.lastname@example.org. A special “thank you” to those who have already helped get several corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- Media Archive added here for pictures and videos before 2011-2012 season.
- 2012-2013 Band/Guard Events pictures/videos here.
- 2012-2013 Jazz pictures/videos here.
- 2012-2013 Miscellaneous Events pictures/videos here.
- Previous years, pictures/video here.
- Pictures and videos of recent band events here, Jazz events here.
- See the Media menu at the top of the home page for access to all pictures and videos.
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the southland.
Help the Band!
- Note: Vons Club Card holders: You need to renew your connection to the EEU each year or Club Card donations to the EEU will stop! Click here, then click on either “Renew Now”, “Yes Renew”, or “Yes Keep Earning”!
- Buy gift cards (scrip) here and support the band!
- Support the band with toner/ink recycling, Vons eScrip, See’s Candies and more — at no cost to you! Opportunities here!
- If you shop at Vons, you can help the band with every purchase. Register your Vons Club Card with the band. It’s called eScrip. It’s our #2 largest fund raiser! For details on how to participate, click here and scroll down. (Tell your friends and family to help out the EEU!)
- It’s easy to order gift cards.
- Fill out the online order form here.
- Put check in “everything box” in band room (for the summer, the scrip coordinator will contact you).
- Receive cards!
- Supporting the EEU is easy! Just order gift cards for groceries, restaurants, and favorite stores. The band receives a percentage back for every card you buy, and you get 100% value for every dollar you spend! PLEASE SUPPORT THE PROGRAM and EEU! To order, click here.
- (For behind-the-scenes details on UnitedScrip, the gift card provider, click here.)
- For questions and orders, contact the Gift Card/Scrip coordinator, Kevin Pryor at 714-337-1090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Card Specials
Walmart Gas Special
Save 10¢ per gallon! At participating Walmart or Murphy USA gas stations with the Walmart Gift Card.
Discount offer subject to change without notice. 10¢ per gallon discount available 4/1/2013 through 7/7/2013 with the use of a Walmart Gift Card as payment type at participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations. Cannot be combined with any other gas discount. 10¢ per gallon discount applies to the regular street price and cannot be used in conjunction with the Sam’s Club® member discount. Exclusions may apply.
Offer not valid at gas stations in AL. 5¢ per gallon discount in FL. 3¢ per gallon discount in OK and MN. The use of the Walmart Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions of the Walmart Gift Card. Terms and conditions subject to change without notice.
Click here for other ad specials!