Upcoming Events & Information
- Percussion Summer Rehearsal – Tuesday June 27th – 9am to 1pm – Front Ensemble & Battery
- Percussion Summer Rehearsal – Wednesday June 28th – 9am to 1pm – Front Ensemble & Battery
- Freshman Band Camp – Friday August 11th, 9am to Noon – Meet at the band room – This is for all incoming Freshman (band and colorguard) and all student leaders.
- 1st Day of Band Camp 2017 – Monday August 14th – 8:30am to 4pm – Meet at the band room – Everyone
- The 2017-18 EEU handbook is available here
- Sign up for Jazz Band Auditions – Monday August 14th – Sign up sheets will be posted in the band room
- Tuesday August 15th – Jazz Band Auditions – Saxes – 4:30pm to 6pm
- Wednesday August 16th – Jazz Band Auditions – T-bones – 4:30pm to 6pm
- Thursday August 17th – Jazz Band Auditions – Trumpets – 4:30pm to 6pm
- Friday August 18th – Jazz Band Auditions – Rhythm Section – 4:30pm to 6pm
Color Guard News
Summer Rehearsals are as follows and will be held on EHS Main Campus:
- July 5th – 9am to Noon
- July 15th – 8am to 10am
- July 19th – 9am to Noon
- July 22nd – 8am to 10am
- July 29th – 8am to 10am
- August 5th – 8am to 10am
Previous Booster Meeting Minutes
Get Text Messages from the EEU
Sign up to receive important updates from The EEU with Remind! Text the message @cf46gk to the number 81010 to start receiving important text messages from the EEU!
Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and color guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local schools or arts programs, please contact Kim MacKellar at: firstname.lastname@example.org A special “thank you” to those who have already helped obtain corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- Class of 2017 Slide Show seen at Banquet on 6-7-17 – here
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
- Why Music? Why Band? What gives these children an advantage? What do they have that the non-music students have? Why are music students recruited with such intensity by every profession? Click here to read the article about it.
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the Southland.
Help the Band!
- Cars2Charities – A new car donation servicing company that has partnered with the EEU! If you are looking to get rid of your old car and want to help the EEU at the same time, check these guys out first: Info Here
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- It’s very simple to sign up. You just go the their website, Farm Fresh To You and follow the instructions when you click on the sign up tab. Don’t forget to enter the promo code “EEU” so we get 10% donated back to the program from every purchase.
- Support the band with several other different fundraising opportunities here!
Click here to go to our Scrip Page to learn more.
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending. One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account. The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are. Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.
How do I get started? It’s easy to enroll. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Shopwithscrip.com and select Register then choose “Join an Existing Program”
- Type in the enrollment code (you can request this from our Scrip Coordinator Terri Sharpe) and the website should say register for Esperanza Entertainment Boosters (Required for the EEU to get credit)
- You are set to shop.
- Check out the Shopwithscrip.com site or contact Terri Sharpe via email at Sharpedolphin@gmail.com or phone (714) 335-2937.