Upcoming Events & Information
- Monday May 29th – Labor Day – No School
- Tuesday May 30th – Chamber Group Performance Night – 6pm in the Band Room – Pizza and Drinks will be available for purchase – $1 for a slice of pizza and $1 for a drink
- Wednesday May 31st – Spring Spaghetti Dinner/Concert – EHS Gym – Dinner served at 5:30pm – Concert starts at 7pm – Dinner Flyer here
- Monday June 5th- Band Council Interviews – 3pm in the band room
- Tuesday June 6th – Drum Major Auditions (Parade & Field) – During Zero Period
- Wednesday June 7th – EEU Band & Colorguard Awards Banquet – Anaheim Hills Golf Course – 6:30pm
- Friday June 9th – Instrument check in/out – 3pm to 5pm in the band room
- Wednesday June 14th – Graduation – The Band will play at this event – More info and call times TBA
- Thursday June 15th – Last Day of School
- Monday June 19th – Meet n’ Eat – Chipotle Mexican Grill – 8182 E. Santa Ana Canyon Road, Anaheim Hills – 4pm to 9pm – Flyer here
- The 2017-18 EEU handbook is available here
- Here is the proposed slate of EEU Booster Board officers for the 2017-2018 school year. There will be a group vote during the Spring Concert on May 31st to vote the new board in:
President – John Zarske
1st VP of Uniforms – Jennifer Gathright & Colleen Joe
2nd VP of Fundraising – Martha Stewart & Rosie Delgado
Secretary – Carrie Mullner
Treasurer – Denise Bailie
- Sign up for Jazz Band Auditions – Monday August 14th – Sign up sheets will be posted in the band room
- Tuesday August 15th – Jazz Band Auditions – Saxes – 4:30pm to 6pm
- Wednesday August 16th – Jazz Band Auditions – T-bones – 4:30pm to 6pm
- Thursday August 17th – Jazz Band Auditions – Trumpets – 4:30pm to 6pm
- Friday August 18th – Jazz Band Auditions – Rhythm Section – 4:30pm to 6pm
Color Guard News
- Summer Rehearsals – 7am to 9am – July 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th and August 5th – On Main Campus
Previous Booster Meeting Minutes
April 4th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
March 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
February 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
January 3rd, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
December 14th, 2016 General Assembly Meeting: Minutes Here
November 1st, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
October 4th, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
September 6th, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
Get Text Messages from the EEU
Sign up to receive important updates from The EEU with Remind! Text the message @cf46gk to the number 81010 to start receiving important text messages from the EEU!
Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and color guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local schools or arts programs, please contact Kim MacKellar at: firstname.lastname@example.org A special “thank you” to those who have already helped obtain corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- PYLUSD Area Night 2017 – Pics here
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
- Why Music? Why Band? What gives these children an advantage? What do they have that the non-music students have? Why are music students recruited with such intensity by every profession? Click here to read the article about it.
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the Southland.
Help the Band!
- Cars2Charities – A new car donation servicing company that has partnered with the EEU! If you are looking to get rid of your old car and want to help the EEU at the same time, check these guys out first: Info Here
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- It’s very simple to sign up. You just go the their website, Farm Fresh To You and follow the instructions when you click on the sign up tab. Don’t forget to enter the promo code “EEU” so we get 10% donated back to the program from every purchase.
- Support the band with several other different fundraising opportunities here!
Click here to go to our Scrip Page to learn more.
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending. One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account. The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are. Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.
How do I get started? It’s easy to enroll. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Shopwithscrip.com and select Register then choose “Join an Existing Program”
- Type in the enrollment code (you can request this from our Scrip Coordinator Terri Sharpe) and the website should say register for Esperanza Entertainment Boosters (Required for the EEU to get credit)
- You are set to shop.
- Check out the Shopwithscrip.com site or contact Terri Sharpe via email at Sharpedolphin@gmail.com or phone (714) 335-2937.