Upcoming Events & Information
- Thursday April 27th – No Zero Period This Day
- Thursday April 27th – BJ’s Pizza Meet n’ Eat – 8188 E. Santa Ana Canyon Road, Anaheim Hills – 2pm to 11pm – 20% donated back to the EEU – Flyer here
- Friday April 28th – No Zero Period This Day
- Thursday May 4th – All Ensembles and Incoming Freshman Rehearsal/Orientation – 4pm to 6pm In the Band Room
- Thursday May 4th – Returning Parent and Incoming Freshman Parent Meeting/Orientation – 5pm to 6pm – Campus Theater – THIS IS A MANDATORY MEETING
- Sunday May 7th – OC Wine Mart & Deli Fundraiser – 4925 Yorba Ranch Road, Yorba Linda – 3pm to 6pm – Flyer here
- Saturday May 13th – Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 private screening just for the EEU – 9am Edwards Anaheim Hills – Flyer here
- The 2016-17 EEU handbook is available here
- Here is the proposed slate of EEU Booster Board officers for the 2017-2018 school year. There will be a group vote during the Spring Concert on May 31st to vote the new board in:
President – Chris Corter
1st VP of Uniforms – Jennifer Gathright & Colleen Joe
2nd VP of Fundraising – Martha Stewart & Rosie Delgado
Secretary – Carrie Mullner
Treasurer – Denise Bailie
- Tuesday April 25th – Rehearsal Jazz II 3 to 4pm
- Wednesday April 26th – Rehearsals – 3:15 to 4:15pm Jazz II – 4:30pm to 5:30pm Jazz I – Reno Luggage Check-in 5:30 to 7pm in the Choir Room
- Thursday April 27th thru Sunday April 30th – Reno Jazz Festival – Call time at the Band Room 6am for group warm up – Bus Rolls @ 7am
- Saturday May 6th – Jazz I at Florentine’s Grill – 102 N. Harbor, Fullerton – Call time is 11:30am – Performance at 12:30pm
Color Guard News
- Monday May 1st – Guard Workshops for Tryouts – 4pm to 6pm
- Tuesday May 2nd – Guard Workshops for Tryouts – 4pm to 6pm
- Wednesday May 3rd – Guard Workshops for Tryouts – 4pm to 6pm
- Thursday May 4th – Guard Tryouts – 4pm to 6pm
Previous Booster Meeting Minutes
April 4th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
March 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
February 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
January 3rd, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
December 14th, 2016 General Assembly Meeting: Minutes Here
November 1st, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
October 4th, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
September 6th, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
Get Text Messages from the EEU
Sign up to receive important updates from The EEU with Remind! Text the message @cf46gk to the number 81010 to start receiving important text messages from the EEU!
Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and color guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local schools or arts programs, please contact Kim MacKellar at: email@example.com A special “thank you” to those who have already helped obtain corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- Winter Guard WGASC Savanna HS @ Valencia 3-18-17 – Pics here
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why Music? Why Band? What gives these children an advantage? What do they have that the non-music students have? Why are music students recruited with such intensity by every profession? Click here to read the article about it.
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the Southland.
Help the Band!
- Cars2Charities – A new car donation servicing company that has partnered with the EEU! If you are looking to get rid of your old car and want to help the EEU at the same time, check these guys out first: Info Here
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- It’s very simple to sign up. You just go the their website, Farm Fresh To You and follow the instructions when you click on the sign up tab. Don’t forget to enter the promo code “EEU” so we get 10% donated back to the program from every purchase.
- Support the band with several other different fundraising opportunities here!
Click here to go to our Scrip Page to learn more.
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending. One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account. The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are. Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.
How do I get started? It’s easy to enroll. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Shopwithscrip.com and select Register then choose “Join an Existing Program”
- Type in the enrollment code (you can request this from our Scrip Coordinator Terri Sharpe) and the website should say register for Esperanza Entertainment Boosters (Required for the EEU to get credit)
- You are set to shop.
- Check out the Shopwithscrip.com site or contact Terri Sharpe via email at Sharpedolphin@gmail.com or phone (714) 335-2937.