Upcoming Events & Information
Congratulations to the proposed EEU Booster Board for the 2018/2019 school year:
President: John Zarske (2nd Term)
1st Vice President (Uniforms): Tammy Shields/Leah Armstrong
2nd Vice President (Fundraising): Martha Steward/Rosie Delgado (2nd Term)
Secretary: Nancy Brisco
Treasurer: Denise Bailie (2nd Term)
EEU YEAR-END BANQUET RAFFLE BASKET DONATIONS
- Due May 29th –Click here for details
Our seniors will be graduating soon and we need to put together the senior slide show that will be seen during the end of the year awards banquet. Photos are due no later than Tuesday, May 8th – Info here
Dear Super-Busy EEU Parents, The end of the year is near and we have several large and small ways you can help us out.
- Thursday, June 7th – We need some help with the band awards banquet: center pieces and decorating, check-in table and raffle tickets, and certificates of appreciation.
- Activity coordinators for next year
- If you are able to help us out, please click on the following link and sign up Volunteer Opportunities
- If you have any questions, email John at email@example.com.
- Thursday, May 10th – PYLUSD Sports Participation Physical Night – Info
- This is for all members of the EEU and any other student who needs to have a physical done for the 2018-2019 school year
- Time: 4:00pm to 7:00pm in the Band Room
- Cost: $30 and all proceeds go to benefit the EEU and you will have peace of mind knowing your physical requirement will be taken care of well in advance of the 2018-2019 school year
- Physical form Click here
- Thursday, May 17th – Percussion Workshop
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 30th – Spring Dinner/Concert
- There will be a general assembly meeting to vote in the new slate of EEU Booster Board Officers for 2018/2019.
- Thursday, May 31th – Percussion Workshop
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 23rd – Big Band Blowout Rehearsals in the EHS Band Room
- 4pm to 4:45pm Bernardo Yorba Middle School
- 5pm to 5:45pm Jazz II
- 6pm to 7pm Jazz I
- Thursday, May 24th – Big Band Blowout Concert
Next Event TBA
Previous Booster Meeting Minutes
- April 10th, 2018 Booster Meeting Minutes Here
- March 6th, 2018 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- February 6th, 2018 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- January 9th, 2018 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- December 20th, 2017 Booster Meeting:Minutes Here
- November 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- October 3rd, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- September 5th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- August 14th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- April 4th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- March 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- February 7th, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- January 3rd, 2017 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
Get Text Messages from the EEU
Sign up to receive important updates from The EEU with Remind! Text the message @cf46gk to the number 81010 to start receiving important text messages from the EEU!
Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and color guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local schools or arts programs, please contact Rosie Delgado or Martha Stewart at: firstname.lastname@example.org A special “thank you” to those who have already helped obtain corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
Class of 2017 Slide Show seen at Banquet on 6-7-17 – here
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
Why Music? Why Band? What gives these children an advantage? What do they have that the non-music students have? Why are music students recruited with such intensity by every profession? Click here to read the article about it.
How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
Help the Band!
Cars2Charities – A new car donation servicing company that has partnered with the EEU! If you are looking to get rid of your old car and want to help the EEU at the same time, check these guys out first: Info Here
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
It’s very simple to sign up. You just go the their website, Farm Fresh To You and follow the instructions when you click on the sign up tab. Don’t forget to enter the promo code “EEU” so we get 10% donated back to the program from every purchase.
Support the band with several other different fundraising opportunities here!
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending.
One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account.
The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are.
Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.