Upcoming Events & Information
- Friday February 3rd at 6pm – Quarter Madness – Yorba Linda Community Center – Flyer here
- The 2016-17 EEU handbook is available here
- Saturday January 21st – Jazz I Gig – SCSBOA Conference Reading Session – 7:30am Call Time at the Hyatt Regency Oraange County, 11999 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA
- Thursday January 26th – PYLUSD Jazz Jam Session – Session 2 of 4 at Valencia High School Band Room – 6pm to 7:30pm
- Saturday February 25th – Western States Jazz Festival – Upland High School – Jazz I, II & III – More Info TBA
- Saturday March 11th – 19th Annual Aztec Jazz Festival
- Saturday March 18th – Irvine Jazz Festival – Jazz I, II & III – More Info TBA
Color Guard News
- Saturday February 25th – WGASC Orange Invitational @ Marina High School – Link to the Event
- Saturday March 11th – Winter Guard Show – WGI Chino Hills Regional – Ayala High School – More Info TBA
- Saturday March 18th – Winter Guard Show – WGASC Valencia High School (Placentia) – More Info TBA
- Saturday March 25th thru Sunday March 26th – Winter Guard Show – WGI West Power Regional in Las Vegas, NV – More Info TBA
Previous Booster Meeting Minutes
December 14th, 2016 General Assembly Meeting: Minutes Here
November 1st, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
October 4th, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
September 6th, 2016 Booster Meeting: Minutes Here
- Corporate donations are a great way to help fund the band and color guard program! If you enjoy soliciting corporate donations, or work for a company that supports local schools or arts programs, please contact Kim MacKellar at: firstname.lastname@example.org A special “thank you” to those who have already helped obtain corporate donations!
Picture and Video Updates
- Broomball fundraiser 12-16-16 pics here
If you like to take pictures and videos of the band and color guard, share them here by contacting the webmaster at: email@example.com
- How does music benefit our students? Click here to find out.
- Keep the band room and your instrument secure. The OCRegister.com reports here about several instrument thefts in the Southland.
Help the Band!
- Cars2Charities – A new car donation servicing company that has partnered with the EEU! If you are looking to get rid of your old car and want to help the EEU at the same time, check these guys out first: Info Here
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- It’s very simple to sign up. You just go the their website, Farm Fresh To You and follow the instructions when you click on the sign up tab. Don’t forget to enter the promo code “EEU” so we get 10% donated back to the program from every purchase.
- Support the band with several other different fundraising opportunities here!
Click here to go to our Scrip Page to learn more.
Scrip fundraising allows families to easily earn rebates with everyday spending. One half of the rebate is deposited into the general EEU (Esperanza Entertainment Unit) account and one half goes directly into your son or daughter’s individual band/color guard account. The money earned can be used to pay for performance donations, color guard fees, jazz trips like Reno, banquet, logo wear, etc.
Scrip is a gift card for retail outlets, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and fast food establishments. You can order the hard plastic cards or use Scrip now which is an email version of the scrip. You will be surprised at how many different choices there are. Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases or to give as gifts and see the money in your student’s band account grow.
How do I get started? It’s easy to enroll. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Shopwithscrip.com and select Register then choose “Join an Existing Program”
- Type in the enrollment code (you can request this from our Scrip Coordinator Terri Sharpe) and the website should say register for Esperanza Entertainment Boosters (Required for the EEU to get credit)
- You are set to shop.
- Check out the Shopwithscrip.com site or contact Terri Sharpe via email at Sharpedolphin@gmail.com or phone (714) 335-2937.